Town of St. Johnsbury



Welcome to the Town Clerk/Treasurer's Office


2nd Installment of taxes due March 27

Office will be closed March 30

Dog Licenses due April 2

Tax Returns, Homestead Declarations, and Property Tax Adjustments due April 17,


The Town Clerk/Treasurer's office is located at the Pomerleau Building at 51 Depot Square on the first floor. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. There is a drop box on the outside of the front doors for after hour payments. The Town Clerk/Treasurer’s Office can be contacted by phone: 802-748-4331, fax: 802-748-1267, email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and by mail: Town of St. Johnsbury, 51 Depot Square, Suite 101, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819

Parking is located in front of the building.


- Stacy Jewell serves as both the Town Clerk and Town Treasurer for a one year term.

- Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurers: Diane Perkins, Maureen Webster, and Kelly Willey.

The Treasurer’s Office handles: Tax bills and payments, water/sewer billing and payments, parking permits and parking ticket payments.

The Town Clerk’s Office handles: Land records, vital records, dog licenses, elections and voter registration.  Please follow links below for the state’s new voter registration website.



March 27: Final installment of 2017 taxes due.

March 30:  Office closed.

April 2: Last Day to license dogs without a late fee.

April 30: Liquor License Renewals due.

August 14: State Primary, Australian ballot, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM at the St. Johnsbury Town School.

October 19: First installment of 2018 taxes due.

November 6: General Election, Australian ballot, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM at the St. Johnsbury Town School.


 For more information about Marriages, Voting, Businesses, and Municipal Government in Vermont go to

Voting Information:

Last year, Secretary of State Jim Condos announced the launch of VT’s new Elections Management Platform.  This streamlined the elections administration process, providing voters with greater access to voter specific information.  Over 25,000 Vermonters registered to vote online in 2016.  For the November General Election, nearly 6,500 Vermonters requested an absentee ballot through the My Voter Page. 

By using the My Voter Page, a registered voter can:

  • Check registration status;
  • View information on upcoming elections;
  • Access voter specific elections information, including directions to a polling place and polling hours;
  • View a sample ballot;
  • Request and track an absentee ballot;
  • We encourage voters to log into their My Voter Page to learn more. 
  • Registered Voters can log in at:

    Online registration can be found at: